Founded in Tokyo in 1997 with the launch of the e-commerce marketplace Ichiba, Rakuten is now one of the world’s leading internet services companies, with a transformative presence in e-commerce, digital content and FinTech. With more than 14,000 employees, we are committed to realizing our mission of contributing to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship. With the passion of a start-up and the influence of a global leader, we’re finding extraordinary new ways to disrupt markets and dazzle customers.In Europe, Rakuten has been active for more than a decade and we have been constantly growing our footprint to more than 14 services and offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona and other major European cities. With a robust core in e-commerce and offices in Berlin and Bamberg, Rakuten Germany seeks to leverage this ecosystem of services to create a unique value proposition to both, consumers and merchants.We think of ourselves as a new kind of family, one based not on chance but on determination to be the brightest and the best. If you want to be part of our journey and grow with us, let’s talk.
We are searching for our office in Berlin for a:
Web Designer (m/f/d)
As a Web Designer you will work with our team to create amazing digital experiences. You will need to set the bar for great design higher than most and you’ll be expected to do this in a wide range of projects. You must be confident to speak your mind, work in a team, and communicate your ideas. This might include user flows, wire frames, mood boards, design concepts, design production and coding, using your skills to create KPI driven enhancements. We’re looking for talented and hungry individuals obsessed with aesthetics, design and technology.
- Collaborate with Development, Analytics, Content, SEO/SEM and Merchandising teams to devise web layouts that will satisfy established KPIs.
- Improve the quality of our online presence at large.
- Help drive new releases and promotional pages.
- Evaluate and continuously establish new best practices.
- Creating interactive pieces using HTML/ CSS.
- Implementing cookie code for analytics and dynamic content purposes.
- Giving design advice on projects, making recommendations for improving web sites.
- Applying company’s brand guidelines.
- Working under the direction of other internal Marketing teams in addition to the Creative Web design team.
- Experience in maintaining and improving large websites or web apps.
- Ability to turn technical knowledge into visual and quantifiable results.
- Experience in collaborating with visual designers and content strategists.
- 2 years in online marketing/design positions, preferably in a retail or e-commerce environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, cognitive science or web development or equivalent experience.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating an understanding of data-driven design.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and SketchApp.
- Design and coding solutions that works in all browsers, including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox.
- Experience with Mobile/Responsive design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. German skills are a plus.
- Demonstrate a love and passion for everything design- and front end design related.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to shape and build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- Active support in finding accommodation and moving from abroad
- Your recruiter will answer your questions about benefits or working conditions that are specific to different European locations
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
If you are interested in this position, meet these requirements and wish to actively participate in developing our company and join our highly motivated team, please apply by sending an email with an indication of your salary expectation and your earliest possible starting date to Marc Borgstedt at firstname.lastname@example.org