Founded in Tokyo in 1997 with the launch of the e-commerce marketplace Ichiba, Rakuten is now one of the world’s leading internet services companies, with a transformative presence in e-commerce, digital content and FinTech. With more than 14,000 employees, we are committed to realizing our mission of contributing to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship. With the passion of a start-up and the influence of a global leader, we’re finding extraordinary new ways to disrupt markets and dazzle customers.In Europe, Rakuten has been active for more than a decade and we have been constantly growing our footprint to more than 14 services and offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona and other major European cities. With a robust core in e-commerce and offices in Berlin and Bamberg, Rakuten Germany seeks to leverage this ecosystem of services to create a unique value proposition to both, consumers and merchants.We think of ourselves as a new kind of family, one based not on chance but on determination to be the brightest and the best. If you want to be part of our journey and grow with us, let’s talk.
We are searching for our office in Berlin for a:
Graphic Designer (m/f/d)
We are looking for a graphic designer to join our Marketing team at Rakuten Germany. The ideal candidate is a great communicator and problem solver who loves to work in cross functional teams with a background in brand and digital design.
- Collaboration with marketing, developers, copywriters and other designers to set new standards in creative work.
- Your daily work would be part of the design team where you would work on marketing emails and campaigns, branding and b2b projects, therefore, flexibility and love for different design areas is a must - both digital and print.
- Conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing objectives and brand standards.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage time efficiently and effectively implement creative feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication / design / marketing related studies are required.
- 2 years of relevant experience - ideally in an advertising agency or an e-commerce environment
- Strong creative skills with ability to manage and prioritize concurrent projects until finish.
- Demonstrate a love and passion for everything related to design.
- Positive and optimistic attitude - you bring these vibes to the team while keeping work standards high, contributing to our culture every day.
- Knowledge in digital and print. Sometimes it will be necessary to set up printing files and make sure it gets printed in the required quality.
- Strong proficiency and experience in the Adobe Creative Suite programs (PSD, AI, ID) and SketchApp.
- Working knowledge of photography basics.
- Knowledge in email creation with HTML tools.
- AB testing knowledge is a plus.
- Good-humored, hard-working enthusiastic, collaborative attitude.
- English is the working language of the company.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to shape and build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- Active support in finding accommodation and moving from abroad
- Your recruiter will answer your questions about benefits or working conditions that are specific to different European locations
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in an agile, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
If you are interested in this position, meet these requirements and wish to actively participate in developing our company and join our highly motivated team, please apply by sending an email with an indication of your salary expectation and your earliest possible starting date to Marc Borgstedt at firstname.lastname@example.org