Founded in Tokyo in 1997 with the launch of the e-commerce marketplace Ichiba, Rakuten is now one of the world’s leading internet services companies, with a transformative presence in e-commerce, digital content and FinTech. With more than 14,000 employees, we are committed to realizing our mission of contributing to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship. With the passion of a start-up and the influence of a global leader, we’re finding extraordinary new ways to disrupt markets and dazzle customers.In Europe, Rakuten has been active for more than a decade and we have been constantly growing our footprint to more than 14 services and offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona and other major European cities. With a robust core in e-commerce and offices in Berlin and Bamberg, Rakuten Germany seeks to leverage this ecosystem of services to create a unique value proposition to both, consumers and merchants.We think of ourselves as a new kind of family, one based not on chance but on determination to be the brightest and the best. If you want to be part of our journey and grow with us, let’s talk.
We are searching for our office in Bamberg for a:
Senior Software Engineer - Java(m/f/divers)
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications based distributed architecture using mainly Java language.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Your role and responsibilities include application developing while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle.
- Write clean and tested code
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Constructive contributions to the further development of our software in a truly global environment
- Help fostering an Agile mindset inside the team
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Hands-on Software Development experience in an Agile environment
- Experience in designing and developing applications based on Microservices architecture using REST
- Deep understanding of CI/CD principles
- Experience working with Extreme Programming practices, like TDD
- Working experience with noSQL databases such as MongoDB and relational databases (MySQL)
- Fluent level of English is mandatory, German is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to shape and build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- Active support in finding accommodation and moving from abroad
- Your recruiter will answer your questions about benefits or working conditions that are specific to different European locations
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
If you are interested in this position, meet these requirements and wish to actively participate in developing our company and join our highly motivated team, please apply by sending an email to Marc Borgstedt at email@example.com